The purpose of CO-OP is to support people with disabilities become valued members of their communities, with opportunities for meaningful participation in areas of personal pursuit.
To carry out this mission, CO-OP provides or facilitates services that:
- Acknowledge and build upon an individual’s strengths, interests, and cultural experiences;
- Assist in the development of skills that promote community presence and participation;
- Provide meaningful opportunities for education, employment, recreation, volunteerism and other enrichment activities;
- Support diverse and valued social relationships among people of all ages and abilities
- Encourage collaboration with other organizations and individuals in support of these values.