The purpose of CO-OP is to support people with developmental and other disabilities, including brain injuries, become valued members of their communities, with opportunities for meaningful participation in areas of personal pursuit.
To carry out this mission, CO-OP provides or facilitates services that:
- Acknowledge and build upon an individual’s strengths, interests, and cultural experiences;
- Assist in the development of skills that promote community presence and participation;
- Provide meaningful opportunities for education, employment, recreation, volunteerism and other enrichment activities;
- Support diverse and valued social relationships among people of all ages and abilities
- Encourage collaboration with other organizations and individuals in support of these values.